To provide support and administrative assistance along with assigned duties for the Executive Director of the Albemarle Area United Way and to provide information and assistance to the public across our 13 county service area in northeast NC.
Supervision received & exercised:
Receives general supervision from the Executive Director. May exercise limited functional and technical supervision over volunteers.
- Perform complex and confidential administrative activities for the Executive Director; independently respond to letters and general correspondence of a routine nature.
- Prepare agendas, reports, forms, certificates, contracts and memos; collate and prepare copies of documents, reports and distribute information.
- Screen office visits, telephone calls; respond to requests for information from the general public, agencies and board members; assist in interpreting and applying policies and procedures.
- Verify and review forms for completeness and conformance with established regulations and procedures; update and maintain files; collect and collate appropriate information; receive, sort and distribute incoming and outgoing mail.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date files, charts, reports and other data
- Insure donation tracking system is current and backed up frequently to protect against catastrophe.
- Post pledges and payments on a consistent cycle; make necessary bank deposits on daily/weekly basis insuring proper custody chain is adhered.
- Craft social media posts and maintain AAUW website as guided
- Lead event planning process in conjunction with event committee
- Recruit and coordinate volunteers for a handful of annual events
Other Important Responsibilities:
- Make appointments, arrangements and confirmations for various presentations given by the Executive Director or Board members.
- Participate in annual planning process; compile information and data; tabulate statistical data.
- Assist with marketing and promotion of United Way efforts and events
- May serve on various AAUW committees and other AAUW activities
- Maintain professional and clean office environment.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required by Executive Director
Excellent communications skills – both written and oral
Good phone etiquette
Strong computer skills. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Extremely organized. Ability to multi-task is essential
Accurate data entry experience
Impeccable integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality
Strong interpersonal skills
High School Diploma/Bachelor’s Degree Preferred