Position: Temporary Warehouse Worker
Reports to: Operations Manager
Pay rate: $10.00 per hourly
Employment Period: Seasonal Summer - retained until December
Schedule: 40 hours per week
Number needed: 3
Qualifications: High School diploma/GED or equivalent work experience; 1 or more years experience in a retail or warehouse environment. Must be able to lift 50 pounds, repeatedly. Must be 18 years of age.
- Applicant to provide clearance through a North Carolina Criminal Record Check.
- All Employees must adhere to “Drug and Alcohol Policy.”
- Ability to work in warehouse environment (standing, stooping, and lifting for long periods of time).
- Ability to communicate and follow directions.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to work nights and weekends if necessary.
Principal Activities of the Positions:
- Performs Routine Sanitation & Facility Maintenance
- Sweeping – Mopping – Cleaning bathrooms & kitchen
- Daily warehouse inspection for Pest & Sanitation.
- Equipment Maintenance and their respective logs for:
- Forklifts - Temperature -Freezer and Cooler Sanitation - Pest Control - Cleaning Charts -
- Updates Daily Donations and Destruction Logs.
- Pulls orders-counting, weighing, and tagging for agency delivery and in house pick-ups.
- Stocking of product in FIFO order from racks to floor locations.
- Ensuring lot codes/pallet tags match product on sales orders prior to pulling.
- Maintain a high level of Customer Service with Donors and Agencies.
- Ensure accurate segregation (sorting) inventory items.
- Ensuring all Safety and Sanitation rules are followed.
- Ability to work as part of a team with volunteers, staff and inmates.
- Maintain good communication with staff, inmates, and volunteers in the completion of daily tasks.
- Ensure compliance with Feeding America, AIB and Food Bank of the Albemarle operating guidelines, regulations and policies.
- All other duties assigned.
Each employee is responsible for reporting all damage, accidents, and problems to the Warehouse Supervisor, as they occur.